Sunday, March 11, 2012

Week Eight

This week was all preparation for my daughters joinery installation and continuing established projects.

I knit on the red Washinton Scarf. I'm very close to the end now and hope to have it finished, blocked and giftwrapped this week.



I cast on Polly, a cropped cardigan for my daughter in the Madelinetosh Vintage (colour Lepidotra).
Great stitch definition for the bottom ruffled edge. Its a quick knit which I hope to have finished within two weeks.



I made up a few cushions in preparation for my daughters bedroom makeover. the joinery is going to be installed on Wednesday. I made a bolster cushion and two scatter cushions, then my sewing machine broke down.




I also need to repaint her timber desk chair to coordinate with her new colour scheme.
The rose fabric motif would make a very cute chair pad.

I'm waiting on the rose screen printed fabric because its being used for her large wall panels and I won't get the surplus until after installation, so a delay caused by a lack of sewing machine isn't the end of the world (even though it felt bad when it failed to stitch)

Lots of yarn arrived this week and I'm seeing a colour theme emerging.

From the top
Madelinetosh Pashmina in colour Amber Trinket
Madelinetosh DK Twish in Wilted Rose
Sundara Worsted Silky Alpaca in Rhythm of the Saints



For the coming week, obviously no sewing, unless I am brave and make friends with the new overlocker sitting in the craft room.

Finishing the scarf of course, finishing the cream Aslan Trends Invernal Sweater too (one and a bit sleeves to go) and working on the little cropped cardigan.

No comments:

Post a Comment