Monday, February 17, 2014

Week 108 : Carousel and Granny Square dresses

This cotton knit fabric didn't lend itself to pieces for pyjamas, so I cut and assembled another easy nightdress. 

I bought my length from Ottobre Design's Etsy website. The same swedish Liandlo fabric is available from CraftyMamasFabrics though.

The pattern is the same as the turquoise and rose print of the week before last. It was a very quick project. It is a good project for when I don't have enough to make full pyjamas (its a pity I've waiting so long with some of this stashed fabric. My girl has outgrown some of the sizes I anticipated sewing) 

I have fabric for one more night dress and then I think this group of projects is complete.




This is a special fabric I bought from the Sydney Craft fair last year. It's a double gauze. (I will update the textile details next post)

I've cut a simple nightdress but it is sized up from my usual template because I wanted to capture the border print on both selvedges.



The bottom edge is more detailed.



I cut the top to take advantage of the carousel horse garland for the neck edge.









No comments:

Post a Comment