Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Week 113 : Owl Sweater progress

This was referred to as my Alpaca Cotton Sweater, but after a small stitching folly near the bottom hem I now think of it as my owl sweater.


The motif is taken from the Owls sweater pattern by Kate Davies. I have wanted to make this for a long time (I even have the yarn stashed for it)
I had to adjust the cable twists to account for the fact I was knitting this top down instead of bottom up.
The button eyes are small plastic from stash.

Here is the progress on the sweater.

I am now about 30% of the way down the first sleeve. You can see where the owl motif is located in the bottom right corner.



My sewing commission is finished but not yet officially handed over. But the good Blog news is that I am back to crafting I can show. I hope to have new photographs next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment