Sunday, February 19, 2012

Week Five

At last, I'm closing in on completing my Gnarled Oak cardigan in Madelinetosh Pashmina. The colour is Candlewick. My plan is to have it finished and photographed next week.
I have to sew in the ends. I have a buttonhole band to complete.


A closer look at the buttons. They are a perfect colour match with enough lustre to set off the yarn.



I will continue Lightweight Pullover (in Aslan Trends Invernal, pictured in a previous week) and cast on Rose and Crosses Pullover in a combination of Fibre Co Road to China Light.
The main colour will be the blue-green of Tourmaline with the minor colourwork rows in Hematite and Grey Pearl and the dominant roses rows adding in Citrine with the spot of green Peridot as a highlight.


Sewing plans. In my stash clean-out, I discovered two projects cut out but not assembled for my daughter. I must get on to completeing these before she outgrows them and they become quite useless.

Firstly, this sleeveless dress in a floral cotton which I'd prepositioned with this striped bias binding.
(I can't help but think my Madelinetosh Vintage in Lepidotera would make a fantastic cardigan to go with this.)


And kimono style pyjamas in a combination of this Liberty Tana Lawn (Mitzi Green) and a Saffron Craig cotton. I have matching Liberty bias binding.


Finally a minor crafting project. I bought these white denim shorts for my daughter in the Gap Kids sale. I thought they were a terrific bargain and that she would get a lot of wear out of them. Her opinion was very negative. She declared them to be too boyish. Thankfully I had this iron-on butterfly transfer which turned them into her "favourites".


Yarn arrived this week. These beautiful 100% merino Superwash by Wollmeise. the colour is Petit Poison Nr. 5 dark.
There are three well matched skeins and I'm putting them aside for a Vitamin D cardigan.


1 comment:

  1. We love the shorts idea and your gnarled oak cardigan. They are all really great works.

    ReplyDelete