Sunday, February 26, 2012

Week Six


I finished Gnarled Oak cardigan and I'm very pleased with it. Summer is almost over in Australia so I'm looking forward to a cooler Autunm season.


I think I need to make some charcoal grey trousers or a semi-fitted dress to go with this glorious gilded yellow and so I received this wool faille in the mail this week. I just need to choose a pattern.



Having finished one cardigan, I immediately cast on another sweater.
This time Lotus Tee by Carol Sunday which came with its own yarn. Here are the colours:


Weeklends are usually for sewing, but this was cut short by social comitments. I did get to finish my daughter's dress mentioned last week.
I thought it was a sleeveless dress but when I unfolded my cut fabric I realised I'd previously cut out a sundress. It did make it a quicker assembly.



If she's going to get any wear out of it, all the more reason I should cast on another cropped Polly cardigan (from Rowan Kids). This Madeline Tosh Vintage in Lepodotra would be a perfect match.

Finally, I have cast on a scarf in this gorgeous Merino/Silk worsted by Skein yarns. Its to go to Washington as a thank you gift. The pattern is Marialis End-to-End Scarf. I hope to have it finished in the next few weeks.


In the coming week I also hope to have some progress to show for the Lotus Tee and the body complete on Lightweight pullover in the pale creamy white Aslan Trends Invernal ready to start the sleeves.

If I'm inspired to start another project, I might cast on Rose and Crosses Pullover in the colours of Road to China Light.

No comments:

Post a Comment