I'm counting myself fortunate to have these two t-shirts sewn up last weekend. It has been a chaotic week and I haven't managed a single stitch for days.
But two t-shirts are now in circulation. (One is more sucessful than the other)
This was a dark blue stretch cotton. Possibly an organic cotton, which I bought from Kelani Fabrics some time ago.
I cut a t-shirt for myself and tied it in knots. Three or four knots up each sleeve and another series of knots from bottom to top of both the front and back. I soaked it in bleach and washed it out to find this! I like its pale blue colours, its like beach surf.
Here's a close up. I overlocked the edge and then did a double line of stitching on the neckline, cuffs and bottom hem.
My second tshirt was a white, heavier weight stretch cotton. Its very opaque so I am planning some 'perfect' white tshirts for myself.
I did a similar knotting and dyed this with navy blue. I like it enough to wear it (at home) but I'm not counting it a success.
Lesson learned for next time. Whilst I love the navy blue cap and cuff as a detail, they should be both alike!
So next time I won't cut both sleeves out beforehand.
I think they should be cut after the fabric is dyed so that they can get the same amount of cuff on each.
I love the soft colour though.
Hopefully next week I will have done a little stitching. I have lots of work in progress.