Sunday, January 6, 2013

Week Fifty One

I cast on three new knitting projects to start the new year.

A simple cardigan, Lantana in this buttery soft Aslan Trends King Baby Llama and Mulberry Silk. I have started with a sleeve. I think it will be a useful addition to my Autumn wardrobe.



I then cast on this sublime deep blue Sundara Aran Silky Merino (colour "The Great Pacific") on for a cowl necked sweater. When I ordered the yarn I knew I wanted a cowl necked sweater but I didn't have a particular pattern in mind.

This holiday I realised Rincleau would be perfect. the moss stitch bumps of the cowl are gorgeous with the silk lustre. These are the first rounds of the cowl neck.



Then in what might be folly I cast on with this Rowan Scottish Tweed Aran. I wanted to make Sullivan, but nothing else in my stash seemed appropriate.
I chose this with the idea that a frivolous colour could be cute with jeans and ballet flats.
I'm not yet committed but I'll get a bit further up the sleeve and see how I feel.



I did progress one 2012 project. This is an Annabelle cardigan in Sundara Aran Silky Merino in the colour "Somewhere Out there". I split off the sleeves from the yoke and am working my way down the body. The yarn is hand dyed so I'm alternating skeins and I have reserved some of the yoke yarn to continue the sleeves down full length.





I sewed a dress for my daughter.

Each week we take our little savages out to a restaurant in an attempt to civilise them. My daughter likes to dress up for this and usually wears a tulle party dress with and sequinned shoes and little bolero jacket.

It's the same outfit each time. I thought we needed a variation, not to mention Sydney is experiencing a heatwave and I don't know how she can bear to wear all that frothy sequinned stuff.

I went to the Tessuti sale and bought this embroidered silk chiffon as a small remnant. I dug the stash for some lining silk and made this quick summer dress. She loves it despite not wanting to be photographed today.



I'm not entirely sure about it. It is very voluminous and given the lining added a lot of 'whoosh' I could have cut it with less fullness.




My Tessuti shopping wasn't limited to that. I bought this as a dress length for me.




I also bought this amazing seqinned silk for me. Although my daughter believes there will be some left over for her. (That might be a vain hope)





I also bought some of this. I think I'm going to stash it and make something in time for next Christmas. I also have a milestone birthday at the end of the year.



I did some cross stitch. I completed the 'Love' banner (even though the photograph is a bit out of date) and am about to start on one of the bluebirds.





3 comments:

  1. What gorgeous fabrics and knitting projects :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the dress - my girls will be jealous, and the very groovy cross stitch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the Annabelle cardigan - can't wait to see that finished

    ReplyDelete