Sunday, May 26, 2013

Week Seventy One

I have been working on a sleeveless dress with a new (to me) pattern.
Butterick B5603. The fabric was bought in a Tessuti sale back in January (Week Fifty One)

Here's the pattern envelope. I cut out the yellow view A.


Here's the dress, still in progress.
Its quite a busy print, which is why I omitted the bands and bow decorations.


Its lined in cream silk. I still have to do the neckline finishing and some hand-stitching in the lining. But otherwise its close to being finished.




Another small craft project this weekend.
My daughter plays violin. Its the most popular instrument in her junior school and it seems that each child has a very similar looking violin case.

I bought some cotton canvas webbing and got my daughter painting.


Then I sewed the new straps on to the existing hooks.


And she has a personalised violin case. Less chance of someone else picking it up by mistake now.














No comments:

Post a Comment