Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Week Sixty Nine

Still working on the sewing queue.
I finished this silk crepe de chine dress. The fabric was bought from Tessuti last summer.

I used  DKNY V1179 and lengthened it to knee. French seamed inside and hand hemming around the armholes and bottom. The cowl is folded in on itself and slip stitched around the neckline.
All in all a very simple pattern.
I've made this several times before, both as sleeveless tops and with my own drafted sleeves. Its very quick to make.

Here's a full view.

I am still adjusting the Anita pant pattern for myself. This is using the leftover Ponti knit from the dress I made in week fifty eight.

The only modification from last week's plain black version is to widen the leg from the knee down. It still has the side split.

I have more Ponti fabric in the stash cupboard. Like the earlier black ponti, my other fabric is 100% wool knit but in navy and charcoal. Because the wool versions are more expensive than this printed synthetic, I wanted an extra trial before I cut more fabric.

I have lost motivation to work on Flo. This week I've been knitting the repetitive rounds on the Blue Gingham colour Lightweight Sweater. It still has a long way to go before I can cast off the body and pick up the sleeve stitches to knit them down.

No comments:

Post a Comment