Sunday, September 8, 2013

Week Eighty Five

I achieved a lot on the Debbie Bliss Fairisle Yoke cardigan.
I finished the colour work section and one button band. 


There are a lot of ends to sew in. The buttons came from stash. I had previously bought them for the Starry cardigan but the cream wasn't a very good match.



The pattern is designed to have two pom poms on the cord which threads through the yoke. I tried making pompoms with what materials I could find about me on a Sunday afternoon. 

  


But I wasn't very happy with them. They are not as tight or as plump as I'd like them to be. Plus, I think they're distracting on the cardigan front.

The stash had some ceramic beads which I think will be a lot better. 



Whilst in the button/bead stash box I found some pretty pink and purple buttons which will be perfect for the raglan seam of my daughters sweater. I haven't decided which I like best, or if a combination would be interesting.



I have done no sewing since before our overseas trip in July. But I have shopped for patterns and this new Vogue pattern V1351  looks like a good summer dress. This lightweight wool crepe has been in stash for a long time too.









1 comment:

  1. love the fairisle yoke cardi. Can't wait to see the finished project (buttons look perfect).

    ReplyDelete