Sunday, June 22, 2014

Week 126 : Felt flowers

I was thinking about the end of year school fete this week. I have loads of felt in bright colours and thought I might try making some hair clips.

I was inspired by lots of felt flowers on Pinterest and in particular the Purl Bee site.


They were very easy to make. I cut ovals with a slight point in groups of five or seven.
Then using sewing thread made a stitch through each of the pointed ends and tied the group together.





Using the thread tail, I sewed the metal clip on. I added a little clear glue just to secure the thread loops.


The red flower is my favourite. I made this with a wavy spiral of red, then added around that the circle of seven petals.



My first flower attempt was the yellow. I miscalculated the size. So I sewed a safety pin to make a brooch.

I clipped all of these to cards (except for the red flower) and wrapped clear cellophane over them. A small start for donation to the school gifts stall.


Then I saw I had lots of felt petals left over. So I randomly stuck them on a jam jar lid. Not sure what this jar will contain. It was more an experiment.


I did wonder if the colours were poinsettia-like whether it might make a nice Christmas themed gift.


The glue is still wet in places. It will dry clear. I blobbed glitter glue in the centres.



I continued to knit the bright yellow cardigan. I am still working on the yoke (its top down).
The yarn to finish Stasis hasn't arrived, so that is still on pause.

No comments:

Post a Comment