Thursday, July 31, 2014

Week 131 : Hats

I was given a lovely Spud & Chloe yarn kit to make a hat. The pattern is Slope
Hat by Susan B Anderson. The green colour is called Hedge.



It was such a fast knit on 8mm needles. I knit this first version in two evenings (and that only because I ripped out a couple of versions before I settled on a gauge I was happy with.)

I made some very minor modifications. I knit to a tighter gauge so I had a little more yarn leftover than many other Ravelry versions..

Secondly I substituted a few purl stitches up at the transition of the cable into the main knit panels. The pattern has the purl stitches either side of the cable finishing earlier

I like the increased definition of the cable panel.


This is my nine year old daughter modelling it. She has a preference for a more girly colour plus a matching scarf so I realised straight away I had to buy more yarn.

So Madelinetosh ASAP in three colours arrived.

Sun Rose and Black Walnut

and Posy, which I cast on.


I have plans for more hats too. I think every child I know should have a hat this Christmas for the following Australian winter and so there is still more ASAP yarn in the post. More photos to come as they get knitted up.

The Plucky gradient sweater is com in along slowly. I have finished the first sleeve and working on the second. Once I've joined up for the yoke knitting with the lightest 'oatmeal' colour, I'm going to incorporate a colour contrast in. Probably the yoke from Nieman but I haven't ruled out a shorter Stasis motif. Maybe just the cuff depth.

I am doing a few rows here and there on my yellow cardigan too. Once I've cast off the body fabric I can start a button band and go shopping for buttons.

No comments:

Post a Comment