Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Week 155 extra : Raspberry Sundae

I can show a gift knitted project.
It is a pair of socks knitted in Augustbird's White Gum Wool Sock yarn in the gradient colour Allegro. They came as a ball wound set of two (one for each sock) 

The yarn is very soft and silky. A delight to knit with, even if it is a little slippery on the needles. The gradient change was a lot longer than I expected. I was closing in on the toe only at the transition out of the first pink stage.



I thought with it being mostly pink and just a little of the creamy yellow, it looked a bit like a raspberry sundae and then I thought to make that look more intentional by embroidering a little ice-cream sundae glass. 

I did french knot stitches for the ice-cream, the glass is duplicate stitched. Both in the yarn. I added in some tiny sequins and glass beads for sparkle (not that they photograph very well).

I also finished another pair of socks for my daughter. They have been my 'carry-along' project this week. These are Madelinetosh Sock in the colour Cosmic Wonderdust. 

I am casting on another sock as soon as I finish typing. It is great always having a small project in my bag for when I'm waiting on the kids.
I am also working on sleeves for a longer standing project started in week 125, the bright yellow Sundara Sport Silky Cashmere, colour Desert Blazing Star. I hope to have that finished in the next two weeks.


No comments:

Post a Comment