I cast on a simple bottom-up raglan sweater alternating in a new colour first 2 rows to 1 new, then 1 to 1, then 1 row "old" to 2 rows new.
By the time i got to joining the yoke I felt like adding a little extra detail so I adapted the yoke design of Ann Weaver's Neiman using the darkest Single Malt over the Oatmeal. I modified the neckline with an extra round of some decreases to be a little less wide.
I'm quite happy with this sweater. Its not a colour I usually wear but with the right accompaniment I could grow to love it. The yarn is delicious. perfect definite in the stitches, soft and drapey.
Another baby cardigan came of the production line. Boy o boy pattern again and in Madelinetosh Pashmina Worsted. A new yarn for me, although I have used the lighter gauge before.
The colour is a deep semisolid turquoise called Hosta Blue. The buttons are an amazing match and came from my favourite button shop All Buttons (sidebar link)
I made a modification to the construction. My recent versions omitted the slipped rib on the sleeves and knit them down from picked up stitches along the body edge.
This version I slipped the first stitch of every row on the body pieces. Then I picked up my 'armhole stitches from the back so that the "seam" (This bigger scaled stitches) showed. Of course going in each bigger loop didn't quite give me enough stitches in the distance but a few evenly spaced m1 increases on the first down are invisible in reverse stockinette.
I think it makes a nicer sleeve to body join and an added plus is that the fabric pieces required less blocking to lie flat.
I am wondering if I might try the slipped rib on the sleeve for the next version. I'm using a strongly variegated yarn, so the fact that the rib "v" will be pointing in the opposite direction to the body (when the arms are down) will be less noticeable. The slipped rib is a fantastic way to create a colour mix with the yarn.
Perhaps the "v" direction is something only a knitter would notice, even with a plain coloured yarn..