Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Week Twelve -Update

Home from the Easter Weekend.
This weekend I did both more and also less of my craft goals. Less knitting (I had hoped to cast on four new projects and only managed three) but I hadn't counted on a little sewing and I made two new tops.

My regular sewing machine is still with the repairers but I got to know the new overlocker and whizzed through the assembly of two stretch fabric t-shirts. I hand finished the edges with a rolled hem.

Firstly this 100% stretch silk. From Tessuti Fabrics. I can't remenber what its called (and it's no longer listed in their online store) but I think it might be called "Gangland".





Feeling happy with this, I quickly made up a second also from old fabric found deep down in the stash. This looks like it is a lightweight wool knit.




I think they will wear well this autumn with jeans and a colourful wrapped neck scarf.


I cast on three knitted projects.

Firstly this Emelie cardigan in Madelinetosh Pashmina yarn in the colour 'Malachite'.

I had a lot of trouble with this project. Having completed the bottom edge ribbing, I was knitting across both fronts as well as the back. The lace pattern charts mirror reverse and I made error after error by reading one chart mistakenly for another and then having to unravel my work.

I knew I should have knit this cardigan in pieces and seamed (as I usually construct garments). My final effort retained the ribbing and I am working on only the right front, straightforward with only one chart to refer to. After which I will knit up the back and the left front and seam before the armholes (when I'd be divinding my work anyway).


Here's a close up of the lace panel.



My next cast on is another 'Lightweight Pullover'. Like the pale angora sweater of a few weeks ago, this is also in a heavier gauged yarn than the pattern normally calls for. The yarn is hand-dyed 'Worsted Silky Alpaca', dyed by Sundara Yarns and the colour is called 'Rhythm of the Saints'.

This is about half the cowl after which I will be increasing the circumference as I knit downthrough the yoke before dividing to make the sleeves and the body.



Finally, I cast on 'Larch', a cardigan also in Sundara's yarn. This is a sport weight merino yarn in the colour 'Arabian Nights'. I have the bottom ribbed edge done.


It's Tuesday morning, and I have a head cold.
So I'm not sure what craft goals I have for the rest of this week.
Certainly to continue on my knitted works-in-progress. I haven't forgotten about Lotus Tee. I would like to complete the second sleeve and get back to working on the front.

The weather has turned cold and I need to make some more pyjamas for my kids. I have some sweet Oliver+S cotton knit which would do well for my daughter.
I'm going to have to be on the lookout for nice cotton in appropriately boyish colours too. And with no prints. My boy's fussy.






No comments:

Post a Comment