Monday, May 14, 2012

Week Seventeen

Hurray!! My sewing machine has come home. And fixed.
I tried it out making a very quick cushion for a sofa that is otherwise a bit worse-for-wear, thanks to dogs and children.


The fabric is a vintage remnant, bought online from Funky Fabrix.

(The dog print fabric is a few years old. It was sourced from the Funkis shop, in Sydney's Strand Arcade.)

I sorted out my fabric stash and put this silk crepe de chine to the top of the pile. I hope to assemble it next weekend.



It will become a cowl necked dress. Like this Vogue pattern by DKNY. I've made it several times already both as dresses and tops. Its been very sucessful.

I continue to unravel and reknit the green malachite cardigan. It is done save for the sleeves,  I hope to have at least one finished this week. I will give a great sigh of relief when this cardigan is finished. I have knitted the equivalent of two already, counting my mistakes and adjustments.

Finishing this cardigan now is all I can focus on.

No comments:

Post a Comment