Monday, May 7, 2012

Week Sixteen

I kept knitting the green malachite cardigan this week. I am now starting the sleeves. I went shopping for buttons from All Buttons in Newtown and found the most perfect green plastic.



I pulled from the deep this Olive top intending to continue a few more rounds of knitting.
I have knitted the yoke band and am some way down the body.After which I'll pick up and continue both sleeves to 3/4 length.

The yarn is Wollmeise sock yarn. The skeins coming from various destashes on Ravelry. Main colour is Golden Pear and the contrast is Skarabaus.


Here's a closer look at the colours.



After eight weeks I am still without my sewing machine. but the overlocker is getting a solid workout instead.

I made this tshirt in the black and white roses knit fabric from Tessuti. This time the sleeves were cut correctly.


I am dreaming of future knitting and sewing projects. Here is some inspiration.

This gorgeous button came home with me whilst shopping for the green cardigan buttons. I think all my knit projects might come to a screetching halt to cast on a new sweater for it.
Here is the button.



I have another sweater like in mind.
This is a sweater I knit, (my own pattern) to show off a dramatic button.



I haven't decided what yarn to use but it won't be grey or black. I will have to go online shopping however.

Then for sewing inspiration. I want to make an upholstered top for this toybox for my son's room. I bought a remnant of this Anna Maria Horner fabric. Its called "Drawing Room" and I bought it from Keleni Fabrics. The graphic design is based on stacked books. I'm wondering if it suits a horizontal surface though-- it calls out to be used for a vertical panel! But I've already commited to pinboard panels for his room.


I suppose my enforced absence from my sewing machine will give me time to ponder this.

1 comment:

  1. i so love your roses t-shirt - it's inspired ... and the sleeves are perfect :D

    ReplyDelete