Its been a very busy week, but most of my crafting has been set painting for my kids school musical.
At home though, I managed to finish a silk dress for summer.
Its my regular Vogue pattern number 8683. which I see is now on clearance.
The fabric is a digitally printed stretch silk from Tessuti Fabrics called Under The Microscope. This dress drapes so much better in a knit fabric.
I cast on a multicoloured sweater using Noro Kureyon yarn. Four different colourways, each strongly variegated. It was either going to be fabulous or a total disaster!
Unfortunately - not so wonderful. I wasn't pleased how the colours were coming out. So I've set the small amount aside for a little craft experiment down the track and I'm selling my unused yarn on ravelry.
I picked up an unfinished knit instead. This is Polly, which I cast on in Week 8. Its a cropped, shortsleeved cardigan I've made several times already. the yarn is madelinetosh Vintage in the colour Lepidotera. I'm hoping to have this substantially finished within a week. I think it will be a good spring cardigan to extend the wear of her sleeveless dresses. Especially the sundress I made in Week 6.
I also knit a little more on my boy's sweater which I cast on two weeks ago. This is in Sundara's merino. The colour is called The Hours With You. I'm about half way down the yoke.
There are only two weeks left of this school term. Its a busy period so I'm hoping just to keep working on the few in-progress knits. I don't think there'll be time for sewing until school holidays start.