Sunday, September 2, 2012

Week Thirty Three

My sweater is finished! Its Hannah Fettig's Lightweight Sweater with modifications to change the stitch count and remove the ribbing in place of a curling stockinette edge.
Its made with a lot of positive ease because i wanted a softly draping slouchy sweater.
 

The yarn is gorgeous. It is a special club issue of Worsted Silky Alpaca (70% baby alpaca & 30% tussah silk) and hand dyed. This colour is called Rhythm of the Saints.



I also finished some sewing projects.

This grey tee shirt had been assembled with my overlocker but needed its hems finishing. I whizzed through on the machine with a double stitched edge. As a teeshirt its nothing to get exited about, but it will be a useful basic in the wardrobe. The fabric was bought some time ago from Tessuti Fabrics.

 


Then I quickly made up a pair of pyjamas for my daugter with the same fabric.


I added some organic cotton lace to the bottom hems. Its a very pretty lace from Ecoyarns. (side bar link) Not brilliant white (the manufacturing process) but a soft cream and very soft.


Here she is modelling.



Then a very simple pair of stretch black pants for her. These are for a school musical.
I traced a pair she already had and added a flare.


And then finally I finished a silk top for myself.



This 100% silk is called stretched roses and came from Tessuti. Its Vogue Pattern 8581 and view C. I didn't gather the bottom edge.

Oops! The top right sleeve is very wrinkled. Only noticed now as I'm uploading photographs. Its fine in 'real life'.

In the coming week, I'm hoping to make progress on my boy's brown sweater.

I have some teeshirts to cut for him too. I have lots of organic cotton knit fabric.




No comments:

Post a Comment