Monday, December 10, 2012

Week Forty Seven

Last week of school term and the long summer holidays are starting. I am so excited. There will be lots of crafting over the next seven and a half weeks.

This last weekend I sorted out the fabric stash and caught up with a little dress sewing.
 Here are fabrics for four summer dresses. My new years resolution is to put aside the jeans and smarten up my day to day wear.

I have collected the fabrics over the last few months. From the top right hand side there is Natures Choice (viscose elastane), Feathered Army (viscose spandex), Water Fruit Splash (Silk Jersey), Kissing Hearts (viscose elastane)



I cut the same sleeveless shift dress from all four using Vogue 8683. Its a very simple two-piece shift. In a very drapey knit fabric it belts well.

This is the fabric on the top right hand side. its a viscose blend knit from Tessuti called 'Natures Choice'.





I shopped for several narrow leather belts during the week to coordinate with my new dresses. This one is a silver textured with bright buckle.


The other three dresses are just waiting on hand finishing of the hems.

Knitting News
I am still knitting the yellow baby cardigan. it seems strange that such a little thing, in relatively plain stitching should be taking me longer than an adult sweater! But I have been very distracted and small garments require a lot of stop-start and checking. I am on the second sleeve and will be photographing and gift boxing it up this coming week.

I wound some yarn to cast on a new sweater (even though I have lots of knitting in progress). I was distracted by some of the new and pretty Madelinetosh Merino Light which arrived in my post box (Thanks to some Black Friday sale shopping!) More details when I have cast on.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry I've been quiet! The dress looks fabulous, and I can not wait to see the others. I've bought the Kindle edition of the Arrowsmith book and will read it while away.

    Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete