Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Week Sixty Four

I worked on my Twigs and Willows cardigan. I finished the first front and am half way up the second.
I'm hoping the leaf motifs will spread and even up after blocking.


My skeins aren't very well matched, but at least they're not as different as the Madelinetosh pashmina skeins from Flo. I'm knitting and alternating with three strands to get the piece as blended as I can.


Speaking of mismatched skeins, I am thrilled that my order from Eat Sleep Knit arrived.
They sent me the lightest skein of "Ink" from the batch they had in stock and I am very optimistic that it will be fine.
I hope to finish my Flo cardigan over the forthcoming school holidays.

Here is the new skein (at back) with original leftovers and the hand wound dark skein. Apologies for the iphone picture)



I pulled Rincleau from my wip basket. The cowl is 8 1/2" of seed stitch. I'm still going but it is very pretty in this Sundara Aran Silky Merino. The colour is called The Great Pacific.



My DyakCraft interchangeable needles arrived today! I ordered them last June so it has been a long wait. Hand made in 'Vermont Apple'. I love the personal touch of the handwritten sizing on the needle roll and the set number signature too.

I will switch the needles from Rincleau. I'm keen to try these out as soon as I can.
They are so pretty, I'm such a sucker for nice accessories.




I bought some plain black wool Ponti knit fabric and some silk crepe de chine from Tessuti this week.
We will be going on an overseas holiday in a few months and I have a travel wardrobe to prepare for!




Finally, since I had to online shop for a single madtosh skein, it was entirely practical to buy a cardigan quantity while I was online.
I chose this fingering Dream in Color Starry in the colour Tokyo Creme. It has sparkles!

I'm planning a very plain short cardigan copied from a store bought one.


And finally, a cross stitch kit entered the house. I had a gift voucher from Morris and Sons and I bought this cushion kit for my daughters bedroom.


Two weeks of school holidays start on Friday. I will be leaving the city and am hoping for lots and lots of crafting.

No comments:

Post a Comment