Monday, April 29, 2013

Week Sixty Seven

School holidays are over.
I finished my son's jumper. Its in Sundara Worsted Merino in a colour called "The Hours With You" a mix of cool chocolate and caramel browns.

I didn't use a pattern but knitted from the top down, measuring as I went. I left one raglan seam open and picked up a ribbing band afterwards. Wooden buttons.



Its shown here on my dress form, its sized very generously for a ten year old boy.


I made a plain wool, weekday dress.
This is my usual pattern made up in 100% wool ponti knit.




Nothing dramatic but a good basic for wearing under jackets and cardigans.

Then a made a pair of pants with the same wool. This is the Anita Pant recently bought from Tessuti Fabrics. I made a small split at the ankle.
They fit well through the hips. Now that I've thought about it, I'd like a pant a little looser in the lower leg. My next version I'll made a slight adjustment. I'd like them to look more like a pencil pant than a legging.

Hard to photograph these.







I'm on a mission to sew through my stash and thin out some of the remnants and odd lengths bought on a whim.
Apologies for the shocking photographs. Its a complete rush to get everything done today.

I made two pillowcases for my eight year old daughter. Paris is her dream.


I bought this cotton thinking about a dress for her, but my online purchase, when it arrived turned out to be a heavier polished cotton. (I really ought to read the fabric description and not get carried away by pink and the Eiffel Tower. i'm as bad as she is!). But it makes a great addition to her bedroom.

Then I made two square cushion covers with remnants. (Also for her but for a different place).
This is an Alexander Henry 2011 fabric called "Love City"


and this is made up from two fat quarters.



Finally our Family Room sofa has a new cushion. Second from the left. This is a Kristen Doran screen print called Eva and Kit crochet squares. 



(I didn't make the cute bulldog cushion, but since we have the real one, this was a nice addition.)

No comments:

Post a Comment