Sunday, November 10, 2013

Week Ninety Four

I have been knitting a sweater for my young daughter.
Its in Rowan All Seasons Cotton, a simple raglan seamed construction knitted in the round from the bottom up. The main colour is Framboise, the contrast Scarlet.

I was inspired to apply a charted motif I saw in a recent magazine (Ravelry link). My version is modified for a larger gauge (the original is for a baby onesie, knit in laceweight gauge).

The crown was probably big enough not to be lost on the front of the sweater but i thought better located on a single pocket.




Four buttons from stash added extra decoration. I have since sewn them on with gold thread.

I considered two options, the alternative was to make the pocket entirely in the contrast colour.


I have knit two sleeves the back and almost the front all to the underarm. Very soon I will be joining them together for the decreasing yoke rounds. I hope to have this finished for next week.


I wound some yarn in preparation for a cardigan. This is Sundara Fingering Silky Merino in the colour released two months ago 'Incan Gold'. 



I'm planning a very simple top down cardigan with seed stitch edges. I have these pretty vintage glass buttons in stash. Unfortunately only seven but I think a wider spacing won't be an issue as this little cardigan (like my Starry cardigan completed in week eighty) will be worn unbuttoned.

Here's a close up of the buttons.


No comments:

Post a Comment