Sunday, November 3, 2013

Week Ninety Three

This weeks crafting has been a little bit here and a little bit there. I haven't made visible progress on any of my major projects.

I have made one tiny knit, a little sweater for my daughter's 18" doll.


It was only an afternoons knit. I cast on some stitches for the front and knit up, the little motif is from a free Ravelry download. Then I cast on the back, adding a few more stitches as my front piece looked a little small. I also split the back at the underarm and cast on three additional stitches to make an overlap which I could fasten with a press stud. 

I did a three needle bindoff for the shoulders, collected all the saved stitches and ran three rounds of 1x1 rib for the neckline.

I picked up the armhole sleeve stitches and short-rowed (by eye) to get a sleeve cap. It was at this point that I realised I was running short on yarn so I did a single stripe and finished with the contrast colour.

The cuff has a k2tog decrease to give a slight puff to the sleeve and a 1x1 rib.

The yarns are all leftovers from previous projects.

- MC is Madelinetosh Vintage in Grapefruit.
- Tulip leaves are in Madelinetosh DK in Thyme.
- Tulip flower is Madelinetosh Vintage in Lepidotera.



I have a few in-progress photographs on my Ravelry page.




No comments:

Post a Comment