Sunday, August 5, 2012

Week Twenty Nine

I cast on two projects, this Annabelle cardigan in Quince Yarn's Osprey (colour Petal). Its a top down garter stitch cardigan. I have had the obligatory two frogging sessions already, so I'm hoping that I'm now on my way to completion.


I cast on one of the fronts for my Brigid cardigan too to see how the cable pattern would look in this colourway.



Then I assembled the green polka dot cotton knit for my daughters pyjamas. She has two identical pairs in this. The top is a straightforward t-shirt traced from one of her own and cut on the large side for longer wear. The bottoms are as earlier projects cut with a bit of flare to the bottom edge.


I added a ric rac trim to the bottom edges.


Here she is.


I was on a roll and dug into the fabric stash and pulled out two small cotton remnants.
This is a brushed cotton remnant I bought from Kelani Fabrics in this year's Sydney Craft Show. The fabic is called Fresh Cut by Heather Bailey.


I have cut out some more pyjama shorts but in this instance, I didn't have enough width in the fabric for an elastic top so I have left one side as a seam and I will add this wide pink satin ribbon as a waistbad and side tie.



I have this cotton remnant too. Its called Love City by Alexander Henry and also bought from Kelani fabrics. I will do some little button loops for the side instead of the ribbon.


Finally, I have cut out but not assembled, this knit fabric for a long sleeved t-shirt for myself. The fabric is called Under Fire and I bought it some time ago from Tessuti Fabrics.


This coming week I'm planning more knitting on Annabelle and Brigid and to complete the sewing projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment