Sunday, October 21, 2012

Week Forty

I have continued to work on the Emelie cardigan. I have now completed one sleeve and set it in and am working on the sleeve cap of the second.



The original pattern has these sleeves picked up, short rowed and knit down from the armhole but I have recalculated to knit them as separate pieces up from the cuff. I am quite pleased at how this first one fits. Now to make sure the second matches!

I have buttons for this cardigan. Simple shell ones which I hope are not too distracting from the lace panels.




I am about to cast on a Reine cardigan (Ravelry link) with this lovely dark blue Madelinetosh Pashmina. The colour is called Ink.



I bought these buttons some time ago and hope they will suit the buttonband. They're hand carved resin, so not too heavy, the colour is perfect.



There are still two other knits in progress.
Annabelle in the Sundara Aran Silky Merino. I'm still working on the yoke and have some enamelled coconut shell buttons for it.



Here is a close up of the button.



And my young boy's pullover is ongoing. I have some wooden buttons for the raglan ribbed opening.



I'm thinking about summer coming and have a plan for two dresses with a couple of different Vogue patterns.

I'm going to make the sleeveless version of Vogue 8742. This fabric is a Ponti knit. It has quite a lot of stretch in it, so I might be able to avoid a centre back zipper. But I haven't decided that yet.



My second dress project is planned for a fabulous print, like the Ponti above it also came from Tessuti Fabrics. This is called Little Critters and is a digitally printed cotton elastane jaquard.

I have been looking for a simple sleeveless dress with minimal seams. But its time to try something a bit different from my straight sheath dress pattern.



This has cap sleeves and is fairly straight to show off the print. Its Vogue 8319 but as I can't find it to link on the Vogue website, it might be out of print.
I'm making only the dress. (The jacket is very cute, maybe another time)


I tried a couple of experiments with bleach on the blue cotton knit.
I plan to dip bleach the front and sleeves about 50% of the way up and then over tie-dye with charcoal.



I didn't get a chance to sew up the previous bright blue tie-dye tshirt for my daughter this weekend. We didn't have time to dye the fabric I'd cut out previously either. So all that is still to look forward to.

No comments:

Post a Comment