I have two crafty projects to report on.
I finished my boy's quilt.
This was a linen screenprint fabric by Shannon Lamden of Auntie Cookie. The design is called 'Cheater'. I bought four metres and split the length in two, seaming to make an approximate 2 x 2 metre quilt. The reverse is plain white linen from a local fabric shop.
I used a plain navy blue bias binding around all the edges to match the navy blue of the design. The quilt is oversized for this king single bed because I thought it would be more useful to have it queen sized and for today allow for a greater overhang at the sides.
Apologies: The colour is slightly off in this weeks posts because my computer is giving me trouble and I am unable to do any photo editing. What you see is what has come out of my camera!
I have been knitting as well.
Emelie cardigan in the Antique Lace colour is progressing. I have finished the two fronts and attached them to the back at the shoulder line. I short-rowed the shoulders and did a three-needle bind-off. I still need to knit the button bands, which is why the cable is holding live stitches around the back of the neckline.
I am working on the sleeves now.
Here is the back which shows the semisolid variegation of the yarn. I need to alternate my knit rows with two skeins.
I went shopping for buttons for three projects this week and have lots more to post about that.
So I will be updating this blog later this week to include that, plus some tie-dye and bleach experiments in anticipation of more t-shirts.