Monday, October 15, 2012

Week Thirty Nine

Back to school this week and lots of catching up with things left undone during school holidays.

I have two crafty projects to report on.

I finished my boy's quilt.
This was a linen screenprint fabric by Shannon Lamden of Auntie Cookie. The design is called 'Cheater'. I bought four metres and split the length in two, seaming to make an approximate 2 x 2 metre quilt. The reverse is plain white linen from a local fabric shop.

I used a plain navy blue bias binding around all the edges to match the navy blue of the design. The quilt is oversized for this king single bed because I thought it would be more useful to have it queen sized and for today allow for a greater overhang at the sides.

Apologies: The colour is slightly off in this weeks posts because my computer is giving me trouble and I am unable to do any photo editing. What you see is what has come out of my camera!


Here is another image.




I used only the two Mello linen pillowcases today with a plain blue cotton. The teal and blue Kaffe Fassett stripe turned out to be too dominating.



I have been knitting as well.

Emelie cardigan in the Antique Lace colour is progressing. I have finished the two fronts and attached them to the back at the shoulder line. I short-rowed the shoulders and did a three-needle bind-off. I still need to knit the button bands, which is why the cable is holding live stitches around the back of the neckline.

I am working on the sleeves now.


Here is the back which shows the semisolid variegation of the yarn. I need to alternate my knit rows with two skeins.



I went shopping for buttons for three projects this week and have lots more to post about that.
So I will be updating this blog later this week to include that, plus some  tie-dye and bleach experiments in anticipation of more t-shirts.

No comments:

Post a Comment