Sunday, July 1, 2012

Week Twenty Four

The first week of school holidays is done and it's been a productive time so far.
I have two sewing projects and some knitting progress to show.

Tattoo Silk Dress
I bought this 100% silk in the recent Tessuti Fabric sale. It's called "Skin Art". I thought it would make a fun summer shift dress.
I cut and assembled Vogue Pattern V8683 with no modifications.


Here's a full length view. I made this dress to knee length.


...and a close up of the fabric



I was lucky to receive the first parcel of several Sundara Yarn purchases. This is Sport Silky Cashmere in "Gingered Peach". I have enough for a cardigan and think it will be a perfect compliment to this dress.




Blue Silk Cowl Dress
Another DKNY Vogue Pattern, V1179. I've made several versions of this now, both without sleeves (as per the pattern) and with self-drafted sleeves like this one.

This crepe de chine silk is another fabric from my Beijing trip.


I added soft draping cuffs to the wide sleeves.


Heres's a full length view.



Lightweight Sweater
I knitted past the yoke increases on my Lightweight Sweater. (In Sundara Worsted Silky Alpaca in colour "Rhythm of the Saints"). The sleeves are held on waste yarn waiting for me to finish knitting down the body, after which I will knit them down to length.
I haven't decided if I'm going to finish with a rib (as per the pattern) or just let the edge be in a natural stockinette fabric.



This coming week will see me knitting on the Lightweight sweater, on the cabled fronts of Brigid. (Hopefully to be finished by the end of school holidays) and thinking about a new project with the Gingered Peach.

1 comment:

  1. That Sundara yarn is to die for. Seriously beautiful color.

    ReplyDelete